Monday, August 10, 2015

this and that and more to come

It's been a busy weekend and there's a few things I'm excited to talk about! But... per usual, the media isn't quite ready yet - and we can't have a post with no media, right?? So we'll just have to wait a little longer... in the meantime tho here are a couple new or interesting things in my life:

I have exactly zero clue about whether this project will turn out the way I envision. I tried to math it (tho arithmetic really isn't my strength) but gave up when it got to the point of calculating angles and said ''fuck it i'm just gonna eyeball it!" famous last words, right? We'll see what happens. 
I picked this tee up at Baltimore's annual Artscape Festival a few weeks ago and really am just obsessed. And is it just me or does the horse even have a little look of Isabel?? lol
I also picked up another pair of SmartPak Pipers during their most recent 20% sale (did anyone else partake too???). These are supposed to be the military green with black, but they're actually a lot darker and browner than I expected. And unlike the case of the merlot breeches (which were also not quite the hue I expected), I am REALLY pleasantly surprised. 

I kinda have a thing for brown anyway - as evidenced by my brown boots and brown saddle pad. None of the browns exactly match... but I also don't exactly care.
The helmet cover for my skull cap arrived - complete with a MASSIVE Charles Owen logo that was not in the picture online. Not really thrilled about that bc it seems kinda blasphemous to put one helmet company's logo on a different helmet company's helmet. Right? I have a plan to fix this tho so stay tuned.

Also - I ran into a snafu with the helmet cam mount: the damn thing fell off its own adhesive! I think I inadvertently cooked it by leaving it in the trunk of my car all day on a hot day... oops. But the company pulled through by sending extra adhesive patches and a spare mount. Hopefully it'll stay put now! But just in case, I attached the security tether to the actual helmet harness itself, rather than the mount. So theoretically if the mount falls off again it won't go very far!
But the biggest exciting thing - which I will hopefully post about tomorrow! - was actually going schooling. Obvi the helmet cam came too. This gif is such crappy quality bc it's literally a cell phone video of a video playing on my computer screen. Meta, right? But again, I am probably editing this video right now as you read this and am SO PUMPED to share it!!! We had sooooooo much fun!

So yea, that's a little sneak peek into things to come. Hope you all had a great weekend too!

28 comments:

  1. I didn't partake in the 20% off Piper sale (self-control FTW), but I also had the same experience with the military "green" Pipers. And like you, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they're actually more brown than green! I mostly ordered them to see what color they actually were, but once I discovered that they're dirt brown, I kept them.

    Glad there are exciting things on the horizon, can't wait to read about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i admire your self control!!! (and need some for myself, ugh...). i was definitely kinda perplexed at the color differences but in this case it's a happy feeling

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the Pipers worked out for you, but I also kinda hate that the colors aren't ever really accurate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I was thinking of getting one of those helmet covers, but with the huge CO logo I think I'll keep looking.

      Delete
    2. it is really strange that they are almost all quite different than pictured. my dressage trainer loves pipers too and was telling me about a different color combo - i think the charcoal and gray? - saying it's also a much different and nicer color in person.

      also yea, i had a really hard time finding a navy helmet cover that i liked and that didn't end up being technically cu$tom. so i thought i hit the jackpot with this one.... that logo tho, ugh. i have a planned solution arriving in the mail on wednesday and will post about how that works out...

      Delete
  3. that shirt is A-MAZING and I need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really speaks to me lol. the company is jon wye and this particular shirt is called 'pegasus dreams'

      Delete
    2. oooh i really also want this one: http://jonwye.com/t-shirts/womens-math-cat.html#prettyPhoto lol

      Delete
  4. Yay!!! Looking forward to moar media! The shirt is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, the media cometh - just you wait!! and i wish i could wear that shirt all day every day lol

      Delete
  5. nice haul. That shirt is amazing! I laughed at the conflicting logos on the helmet! The mount is so neat, although sad that it came off. I look forward to lots of riding gifs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think the mount just fell off bc the heat compromised the adhesive... will be more careful in the future. now there's two adhesive patches between the mount and the helmet, which will hopefully give it a little more flexibility in case any edges start pulling up. we'll see.

      and yes the gifs are coming!!!

      Delete
  6. Awesome shirt! Good deal on the breeches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i thought so too -- missed out on the last few sales so it was finally time haha

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. i think it served as our lucky charm while xc schooling haha

      Delete
  8. Sweet baby jesus. I've been wasting so much time uploading my videos when I could just video my tv with my phone and auto post. Duh. You're a genius! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it takes a certain level of lazy to breed a certain level of innovation, right? :)

      Delete
  9. Great shopping! looking forward to schooling media =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the new things!!! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i had a layover in baltimore this weekend and though of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha awesome - hope you enjoyed the airport. it's not the most fun, but not the least either lol

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You may need to enable third party cookies in your browser settings if you have trouble using this form.