Monday, September 29, 2014

September's 10 Questions

Recovering from the weekend - definitely more to come :) 

Meanwhile, I saw this over at Viva Carlos, and thought I'd play along. 

1. Is there something you don't like about your riding? I wish I wasn't so conservative all the time - that I could trust the horse more. I also dislike most of the things that I do with my hands/arms over fences. Perhaps this is more easily fixed than the trust thing? Or perhaps they are part and parcel of the same problem?

2. Does your horse buck? Isabel plays sometimes after a fence and through lead changes. Nothing serious tho.

3. Is your horse head shy? She's not head shy, but very particular about *who* can touch her face, and when. If someone goes in for the unapproved face pat, she just quietly moves her face away with a disdainful look. lol


excuse me i did *not* grant you permission.

4. Favorite barn chore to do? I honestly enjoy most barn chores - there's something so mindless and relaxing about picking stalls. I like feeding too. Pretty much any of it is fine, but if I have child labor the first things I foist off onto them are sweeping and the water chores lol.

5. How many times do you ride a week? Ideally 5 times. This used to be 4 days with Isabel and 1 day at the hunter barn. But lately it's been just Isabel. 

6. Who is your favorite pro rider? Hm, this is actually a tough question for me. Maybe William Fox Pitt? He's just so consistent and gets such great rides out of his horses.

7. If one pro rider could train you for one day who would it be? A realistic answer would be Sally Cousins, since she's fairly local to me and actually quite accessible. Maybe one day?

8. Favorite Facial Marking? I LOVE snips. So cute

9. Leg Markings or No Leg Markings? I definitely like big socks that are BRIGHT WHITE. 

10. Ever broken anything falling off? Not yet (knock on wood)



10 comments:

  1. Snips are my fave, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are just too cute - i always want to poke them (tho of course not all horses are as amused with this is i am lol)

      Delete
  2. Not a super fan of picking stalls, but I don't mind it if I have to do it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i kinda like how mindless it can be - a great way to either clear your mind completely, or maybe sort through something that might have been bothering you.

      all the same tho - a couple horses at my barn keep really messy stalls and that gets old lol

      Delete
  3. I agree with the mindless, route tasks that sometimes are very soothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aint that the truth! just such a nice routine too

      Delete
  4. we have a horse at the therapy barn with a heart-shaped snip <3 it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, i would not be able to resist smooching that snip, even if the horse was a biter lol

      Delete
  5. haha! That picture of her is so cute! Enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You may need to enable third party cookies in your browser settings if you have trouble using this form.