Sunday, November 6, 2016

get on the bus, Charlie!

I love fall, guys. It's easily my favorite season - and Maryland is just having the most perfect autumn right now. Temperatures are pleasantly crisp but sunny, and the fall foliage just can't be beat. I'm SO READY for some fall trail rides!! Hopefully soon.

For now tho, I have to be satisfied with baby steps. It's cool tho. I <3 baby steps :)

And apparently, Charlie's cool with it too.

Tho I suppose he still feels some indignation about being stuffed into such a small trailer lol. Poor guy. I keep trying to explain to him that he downgraded big time the day he came home with me... But I think it's only now finally sinking in lol.

His expression in the above photo says it all: "WTF." Indeed, sir. Indeed.

"Your bus is too damn small, but it has hay. So I guess that's cool." - Charlie

(Also worth noting, he expressed his righteous exasperation by tossing my saddle around in the trailer lol. I mean, I get it, it's basically right up his nose with how everything is placed... But it's cool bro. Toss that Bates around, that thing is pretty much indestructible anyway!).

Really tho, aside from dreaming of bigger rigs, I really couldn't ask for anything more right now. Gorgeous fall foliage. A big old bay racehorse who makes me so happy every day. And sharing it all with my favorite riding friends (of course now you must be wondering whose gray ears those are!). Sounds pretty good to me!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend too! (And stay tuned for more to come!)

30 comments:

  1. Yayyy Charlie!
    Do those grey ears happen to have a Brita behind them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why YES, they do!! Good guess!! We finally got to ride together for the first time in basically forever. So exciting!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous that you have fall! I miss having seasons :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I really do enjoy having seasons... Tho it comes at the cost of also having winter. Which kinda sucks... Lol

      Delete
  3. He's such a good horse. I'm glad that you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is SO GOOD. He just continues to impress me :)

      Delete
  4. Best time of year for trail riding! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously!! I really hope we can get out soon. I did not expect at all to be so saddened by the new barns lack of trails!

      Delete
  5. Have you tried taking your divider out or swinging it over? You can't do anything about the height but that might help him feel less smooshed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goshhhh, that last picture looks like it came straight from a fall magazine! lol I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so pretty out!! My friend has noticed and was trying to pull out her phone to snap a pic right when I was dismounting... Still caught a couple great pics with the foliage tho!!

      Delete
  7. Charlie belongs on the short bus, it can't be helped. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha omg I'm going to tell him you said that!! lol ;P

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Lol sardine indeed! And if he could talk I'm sure his language would have been a bit on the salty side at that moment too ;)

      Delete
  9. Aww I do love those fall photos. Man I miss seasons, even with the cost of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seasons too. Winter really isn't so bad, esp when they are like last year, which was super mild through Christmas!

      Delete
  10. Fall <3 and yay for trailer training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall is the best!! Tho idk if this particular weekend counted much towards trailer training... We maybe cut a couple corners just so I could go actually do stuff. But the end justifies the means or something, right? Lol

      Delete
  11. I think my comment got eaten, but if it didn't, sorry to be redundant. I love how excited you are about the little things in life, while simultaneously making big plans for the future. Go Emma and Charlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For as much ambition I have to be the best rider I, personally, can be - let's be real. The olypmics selection committee isn't calling me. I'm not going pro. The most important aspiration for me is to enjoy it. Work hard and challenge myself and grow, sure. But the ultimate goal is to have fun :)

      Delete
  12. Charlie didn't really downgrade, cause he got an Emma of his very own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks ;) i hope he'll come along in eventually agreeing with you! what i lack in deep pockets i make up for in creating an easy pleasant home!

      Delete
  13. Fall is pretty wonderful. I think Charlie is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i am hopeful he will learn to enjoy the job i'm offering him!

      Delete
  14. Now that's a gorgeous trail riding spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely - tho we weren't there for trail riding. that's just the drive way to a farm where i train ;)

      Delete
  15. Finally some picture and video evidence of you and your guy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You may need to enable third party cookies in your browser settings if you have trouble using this form.