Monday, March 16, 2015

monday mentions

We had a pretty excellent weekend - with mostly nice temperatures despite rain on Saturday and a windy Sunday. Nice enough out for all our plans to go on as intended. 

Which meant: First show of the season! Finally!


I didn't write about it before bc I was frankly sick of announcing shows only to say - 'oops, never mind, canceled bc of weather...'

But this time things worked out and we made it! I'm a little too exhausted right now to do a full recap (plus I am still supposed to haul my ass over to a local bar for one of those 'pub & paint' events), so this is just a little preview.

mare is obviously thrilled with her accomplishments

The show was held at OF (in the indoor, bc the outdoor still isn't quite ready for prime time) and was pretty much exactly the same as the Fun Show we did there last October. Mostly just an excuse to get the parents out and give the kids an opportunity to collect some satin. Lots of photo ops, ya know?

We had a total blast and both horses were very well behaved and managed to not mow down too many innocent bystanders (tho B & Wick totally tried to take out a small child and pony when we moved on to the 'musical stalls' game hahahaha). 

getting ready for the bareback 'sit-a-buck' class. game face activated!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend too!! More details (and media!!) to follow soon :)

33 comments:

  1. Woo! Such a pretty collection of ribbons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! But what is a 'pub and paint' event, I must google it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I see, exactly what it says.

      Delete
    2. haha the pub & paint thing was fun too - and the painting part was pretty much impossible to screw up regardless of how hard you pubbed haha. i took lots of pics so i might post those later :)

      Delete
  3. Satin!! You are a far braver woman than I in the sit-a-buck thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha fortunately isabel is pretty comfy bareback - and i had lots of bareback practice last fall too... we still kinda failed tho lol

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!

    Also pub & paint sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was fun! and surprisingly difficult to screw up lol

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the satin! Looks like you guys had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, glad you were able to show and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wish my boarding barn did fun schooling shows like that! They are more focused in super serious show stuff which I haven't been able to lesson enough to do proficiently in lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm a huge believer in mixing in the fun stuff with the 'super serious' stuff, and think it's a great way to get a little experience (and make sure you actually LIKE showing before shelling out mucho $$).. bummer that your barn doesn't do any tho... but maybe there's a class or two that you could try out just for some mileage?

      Delete
    2. About 4 months into starting riding lessons, I did my first schooling show. While it was fun, they set the classes up by age, not ability so I was riding with adult students that cantered and jumped haha I want to do another schooling show, at least to see how much I've improved since then. The main barn here is about making money and it's the big shows that sell ):

      Delete
    3. that's kinda a bummer about getting put into a different level class... imo it's more fair to sort by ability first, and then age (if possible, bc at schooling shows sometimes there are only a couple adults haha). i know what you mean about barns that are focused more on money than anything else - that's always tough

      Delete
  8. Oh nice job! I am probably going to pee my pants for my first show

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo satin, glad I am playing catch up so I don't have as long to wait for full report ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - sorta like binge watching a tv show

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You may need to enable third party cookies in your browser settings if you have trouble using this form.