Sunday, March 8, 2015

isabel's favorite game

We finally have a weekend on our hands where the weather is lovely and cooperative. Yay! But the ground is still covered in snow and ice, so our trips to neighboring indoor arenas haven't come to an end yet.... tho Isabel maybe wishes they would... 

two legged horse is two legged

Princess's field is right next to the parking lot, so she sees when I pull the trailer out to get it all ready. Her new favorite game is to watch me from the round bale while I make my way into the pasture. Then she faces me, makes eye contact, and turns tail to trot (quite prettily) down the hill alllll the wayyy to the bottom corner of their lot. 

She then waits for me down there as I trudge through the snow (which is naturally covering holes and branches and all kinds of fun stuff to trip on - adding, I'm sure, to Isabel's glee). Finally, I stop about 15 feet away from her and start unwrapping her candy canes. And she walks right on over like a very good girl who deserves all the candy and cookies. 

And naturally we then have to climb allll the way back up the hill through the deep snow and mud... ugh. 




'oh, were you looking for me?' - isabel

I shouldn't complain, really - bc she's not truly playing hard to catch.... she's just making me work for it I guess. All the same tho - I'll be very happy when we can start riding at home again and give the ponies a break from traveling!

10 comments:

  1. Kika used to do the same when we lived in Ireland and i was at university & could only ride at weekends. She loved her weekdays without work and liked to make me work for our weekend spins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i think they get a real kick out of it or something...

      Delete
  2. She wants to make sure you have candy canes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol i suppose so - tho she really ought to know by now that i *always* have something :)

      Delete
  3. Bahahahah. What a character she is!

    Love the first photo - crazy illusion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didn't even realize the strange perspective when i was taking them - def looks a little weird haha

      Delete
  4. Maybe she just wants to make sure your in shape for show season?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol that might not be far from the truth ;)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You may need to enable third party cookies in your browser settings if you have trouble using this form.