As a quick refresher, last January I switched from setting monthly goals to using a quarterly schedule. The idea was to include more scope in my goals, but still be realistic about time frames and potential outcomes. You can find all of this year's goal posts in the sidebar.
2015 Q3 Review:
Monthly confo shotsPosts here. Kinda sorta missed August (and probably still owe a late September post)... but I kinda sorta think it'll be ok haha. Research MCTA points systemResearched, and I've been diligently tracking points (tho I have no clue how they compare to anyone else). According to trainer P, *everyone* gets a prize tho, so woot woot! Audit a clinicYeppers - so much fun! Extra special bonus that this included spending time with Austen & Alli!
aka: MCTA's Sunpebble Point Memorial Trophy, accidentally awarded to me at Jenny Camp lol
- Improve lateral work - Workin on it. Doing more shoulder in and turns on the forehand. Honestly the practice is as much for me as it is for her (I kinda suck at it lol).
School water and ditches on xcThis happened (here and here) and I'm happy with our progress. #needsmoretho Improve canter transitionsBOOM. 7.5 and an 8 on left lead depart!!!! But for the real story, see the full analysis here. This also still needs work. Improve halts (no more drifting left!)Progress?
- Steady the connection - Ongoing...
- Point toes forward over fences (not out) - Ehhhhh no real change.
Mix jumpers and dressage shows into the agendaDid a jumper show! And a paper chase!! And played polo!! Totally counts as mixing it up, right? Recognized event?Deemed not a priority this year Finish on dressage score at an eventYESSSS!! Dressage score <35Another yes (twice)!
|she knocked those competition goals outta the park!|
- Lesson with Sally Cousins - Had an opportunity but it wasn't the right time...
- Lead changes? - Ehhhh. We did ONE? But no real concerted effort... Have played with counter canter tho, and we actually worked specifically on *landing* the lead in a lesson last night (details forthcoming), which seems preferable to both trainers. Maybe that's where our focus should lie?
Finish in top 5 at an event (for divisions with 10+ riders, top 3 otherwise)- YUP Push our boundaries a little bit (higher heights, tougher tests)- YUP YUP YUP
2015 Quarter 4 Goals:
- Start thinking more seriously about crack pot / pipe dream / highly unrealistic winter plans
- Additionally, start thinking more seriously about crack pot / pipe dream / unrealistic plans for next year
- Clinics! Audit allll the clinics!
- Consider what work needs to be done before winter doldrums set in
- Get Bali going in the lesson program again (sooner rather than later!)
|i plan to have a lot of fun with this goal|
- Dressage boot camp: lateral work, transitions (all of them, up down, within the gait, whatever),
nextfirst level type shit?
- Moar dressage lessons plz!
- At least one more xc schooling?
- Contingency plans for evening lessons as darkness sets in
- All the fall trail riding
- Fox hunting?