In the meantime, here's a review of how December worked out for us.
-Snow pads for isabel's shoes? Punted until next shoeing cycle bc our world is mud right now.
-Groundwork when riding is not possible. Specific goals:
-Continue on concepts from bio-mechanics lesson (improve lateral balance!). Isabel is definitely getting steadier in the contact. I need to do more practice on smaller circles tho.
Looking forward to 2015, I'm thinking that monthly goals have been useful - but the time frame is a little too short. So I'm going to set quarterly goals instead.
2015 Q1 Goals:
- Start working on preliminary show schedules for the year. Would like to do a few different types of shows - including dressage and jumpers shows (and games or trail challenges??).
- Dressage lessons - where art thou?
- Introduce more ground work (including long lining) when riding becomes impossible due to weather.
- Explore alternative schooling arenas if Isabel's ring at home continues to deteriorate.
- New saddle options? I am constantly paranoid about the Wintec, and would like to maybe get some professional opinion on this... Plus, we saw from bareback pics that my position can be better than what I normally get with this saddle.
- Get Wick (friend B's leased OTTB) loading/unloading well enough to be deemed road-worthy. Then he and B can start accompanying us to weekly OF lessons!!!