Monday, May 18, 2015

sneak peek: we did the thing!!!!

We did it!!!!! Isabel and I had our redemption at Jenny Camp this weekend - and it was so very sweet :) 

hanging out with Isabel's cousin* right after crossing the finish line
In true equestrian blogger fashion I'll probably stretch this event into a couple posts - but figured you'd want the good stuff right off the bat: we finished with a number, not a letter. And our number was goooood

Dressage was a new personal best for us, and we managed to move up the rankings even after incurring penalty points in stadium. We pulled a respectable 3rd place overall, and 4th in dressage (this event awards dressage ribbons through 6th place). 


Plus we were the high point MCTA members in the division, so I got a pretty silver engraved MCTA picture frame in addition to my 3rd place prize of a thermos. They also took my picture with this silver plate thing-y, but I'm not sure if that means my name gets added to it or I just get put on some roster? Not sure, except that it will count toward year-end points somehow. 

this silver tag - hard tho it may be to see here - was another unexpected good luck charm and is among the things i have to write about

Anyways, I need to stop myself now or I'll keep writing and writing (lots I want to share!) but in reality I'm so very very tired and sunburnt and kinda burnt out in general after having my spirits mildly deflated by running over a screw when I parked at home - thus completely deflating (and killing) my tire. But honestly that's not really enough to dampen my mood. I'm pretty happy right now :)

It was a great day and the weather ultimately cooperated. Plus I had a phenomenal "groom" with me. Isabel was her usual rock star self and I couldn't have asked for any more!


*About Isabel's cousin: not quite sure that's exactly the right term, but that horse and Isabel are related and very likely spent time together as babies. That horse was owned by the woman I ran into jump judging at MCTA a couple weeks ago. She was volunteering as an outrider at the finish line for cross country and I immediately recognized the horse - how could you miss the resemblance?!? 

Isabel's sire is Admiral, who was sired by the same horse as this 'cousin': Enzio, who was by Aazrak, Ann McKay's exceptional stallion who provided the foundation for her breeding program. How very cool for them to meet again! 

25 comments:

  1. Ah! That sounds like so much fun and what a cute pair. Congratulations on kicking butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratultions!! Can't wait for the recap posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Wooo hooo!!! Sounds like a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYAYAYAYYYYY!!! This is so awesome!! MORE PICS AND DETAILS, PLEASEEEEE!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyy well done and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend! Congrats on a good outing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cheated and looked it up on startbox. Yay, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big congratulations! Can't wait to read more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! Living vicariously through your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!!! Can't wait to get the full scoop!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo! Awesome prizes :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much YAY in one post! Minus deflated tyre but who cares, you guys did AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um, heck yes! Nice work. Now tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your splendid performance, er performances! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the charm! Well done! You must be a proud mama.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You may need to enable third party cookies in your browser settings if you have trouble using this form.