Saturday, May 2, 2015

Fair Hill International 2015

With all the feverish Rolex excitement and afterglow swirling about in everyone's minds, I want to take this opportunity to plant a little seed of thought: 

Every fall, The Dutta Corp. Fair Hill International CCI** and CCI*** events are held in Elkton, Maryland. The event attracts top-level competitors (many of whom were just at Rolex), but the logistics and costs involved make it more easily accessible to fans than Rolex. 


image from the FHI home page

I've never been before, but am bound and determined to change that this year (it's only an hour from my house!) - and plan to go at least for cross country on Saturday, October 17.

Hopefully we'll pull together a nice little party from my barn - but the reason I'm posting this here is to get any other bloggers/readers in the region thinking about it too. 

Do you plan to go to Fair Hill International, or are you at least considering it?? Let me know! 

16 comments:

  1. I go almost every year. I've also been to Rolex, and I have to say, I like Fair Hill better! Its more relaxed. But the shopping sucks - Rolex wins that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've heard both of those things about the events - that fair hill can actually be a lot more enjoyable. and perhaps the crappy shopping situation is a blessing in disguise, since i really don't need any additional help spending money lol

      Delete
  2. Oh, sure. Just pick the year to attend that I move far, far away from it. Don't mind me, all by myself up here in New York, away from all my lovely Area II events....

    Ok, I'm done hijacking the comments for a pity party. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'll just have to come down for a visit! seriously tho, now that i actually am planning out a season of events i was considering options like 'where will other bloggers be' but then you had to move away :(

      Delete
  3. That's cool that it is so close to you! I won't be going since it is all the way across the country, but I do have Woodside and Galway several hours away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yea it's a bit of a hike for you - but hope you can make it to some events on your coast too :)

      Delete
  4. I wish I wasn't so far away! Bucket list thing for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely!! i've never seen anything above prelim in person and really want to!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh I wish! If only my sister still lived in DC... Still maybe I could convince her to road trip with me and she can visit her friends down there while I go to fair hill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try!!! i mean, it's not really thatttt far :)

      Delete
  6. I would love to join you at Fair Hill this year! If that doesn't work out, we can try for Plantation! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesssss!!!! we really need to make something work :D

      Delete
  7. I go to MD once every few years to visit family. Not sure when my next trip out is but I'll contact you and would LOVE to watch Fair Hill sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would be awesome!!! definitely lmk regardless when you make plans to come east :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. if you ever come stateside rest assured you've got places to stay!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You may need to enable third party cookies in your browser settings if you have trouble using this form.