Saturday, May 9, 2015

happy b-day Izzy: you've achieved something very few do!

So um, Isabel's birthday is some time this month. Not exxxxxactly sure which day, but it's in May. Happy birthday mare!!


But... a funny thing happened that has me kinda chagrined (in the best possible way tho).

Remember how I recently talked about Isabel being recognizable in her own right, and the breeding program that produced her being quite well known locally?

Right. So while jump judging at the MCTA Horse Trials, I ran into yet another rider who knew Ann McKay and the horses connected to her - and actually knew Isabel's breeder personally. And it somehow came up that I mentioned Isabel would be 14 this month, and she said 'Uh, no - the "I" horses are 2002. I know this bc the "G"s are the millenials.'

'how could you get my age wrong??? ugh amateurs...' - isabel

So. Happy Birthday Isabel, you're officially a year younger than we all thought! 

12 comments:

  1. Happy (even better) Birthday, Izzy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Izzy! There comes a time when turning a year younger is a good thing! Hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol my birthday is in May too but somehow I don't think I'll get quite so lucky... ;) happy birthday Isabel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Isabel!! I wish I could be a year younger too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Izzy!!! What a great gift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy bday! It's always a surprise to realize you're a year younger.... I've done that to myself before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday girl!! Way to age down! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I hope I go backwards a year for my next birthday :) Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha wish that would happen to me! Happy Birthday Izzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahha -- I wish my birthdays worked like that! Happy belated birthday pretty girl <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! You may need to enable third party cookies in your browser settings if you have trouble using this form.